Easy overnight bread recipe.
This recipe has been contributed by our amazing head chef, they work as a full time chef whilst being an amazing parent too! Their recipes are comforting & hearty and always full of flavour with a focus on being family & budget friendly & low waste. Petit Bwyta 🙌
This recipe requires minimum effort & no kneading
1g (pinch) of dried yeast powder (active dried yeast)
300g Water (cold)
200g Strong bread flour
120g Plain flour
72g Wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
* In a tall bowl, dissolve yeast in water (cold), then add flours & salt.
* Combine with spoon or hands (will look messy, that’s good)
* Cover with a plate overnight (or for 8hrs)
* Mixture should have risen & be bubbly looking
* Tip dough out onto heavily floured surface
*Gently fold in on itself from each corner to make a little ‘packet’
* When ‘package’ is ready, leave to rise for 40mins.
NOW Pre heat oven to highest setting (Gas mark 9 )
*Cut into 6 (ciabatta rolls) or leave whole for a rustic loaf
Bake dough on Gas mark 9 for 15mins, then on Gas mark 7 for 5 mins.
Ensure the oven really is hot & up to temperature or the dough won’t cook thoroughly
Spritz a little water onto your dough/into oven.
towards the end to crisp the crust
If you only have 1 type of flour you can just use that or try another mix to make the total amount up to around 400g as in the ingredients.
Add olives/sundried tomatoes or walnuts to make a flavoured loaf.
ENJOY! SEND YOUR PICS TO @wildthingcardiff so we can see your wonderful creations during this self isolation time. ✨